EVERTS WILSON & CO'S EXPRESS PAID FRANK HALLER FE9 COVERHaller FE9 Type 2b on 3c Red Nesbitt entire (U10)
Everts, Wilson & Co. Express
The first advertisement with the new Everts, Wilson & Co. Express firm name appeared on October 8, 1856. From their principal offices at Marysville, Rabbit Creek, St. Louis and Nelson Creek and Gibsonville they served regions north of the North Fork of the Yuba River and south of the North Fork of the Feather River. The express connected at Marysville with Pacific Express until Pacific Express failed in April 1857. The express connected with connected at Marysville with Wells Fargo thereafter. On September 1,1862 the express business were sold to Holland, Morley & Company.